- 6 tbsp. raisins
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- 6 tbsp. Radika basmati rice
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups half-and-half (condensed milk mixed with milk)
- ½ cup packed finely grated panela or light brown sugar
- 2 4 inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- In a bowl, combine raisins and rum; let soak for 30 minutes.
- Combine rice, salt, and 3/4 cup water in a 2-qt. heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; stir; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, until water is absorbed, 6–8 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups half-and-half, and cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring, until rice is tender, 20–25 minutes. Slowly stir in egg yolk; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; add raisins with rum, remaining half-and-half, and vanilla; let sit for 10 minutes. Spoon pudding into serving glasses; sprinkle with ground cinnamon.